Dried Apricots are a fan favourite at Palm Bites for many reasons; it’s known for being a chewy yet tender fruit with a naturally sweet taste. This has made them a popular, healthy and delightful treat. Dried Apricots are an incredible tasting treat and pack a wide variety of nutritional benefits, let’s get into the top 5 health benefits of Dried Apricots!
- Treatment of Anemia - On average, Dried Apricots have about 6.8 times more iron than fresh or raw apricots. The average adult requires about 18 mg of iron a day, making dried apricots a great source of iron to meet your daily requirements. Not to mention that the type of iron present in dried apricots is non-heme iron which means that it stays longer in your body, which can help treat anemia.
- Skin Repairs and Reversing The Effects of Aging - Dried apricots have antioxidants and vitamins A, C and E, which help fight free radicals. This helps build collagen, increase skin elasticity, and protect skin from environmental pollutants and UV.
- Reduction of fever - Dried apricots have anti-inflammatory properties that support fever recovery. If you dilute dried apricots with some honey and water, it can help reduce fever.
- Improves gut health - Dried apricots contain both soluble and insoluble fibres; higher soluble fibres help maintain the level of cholesterol in your body. Soluble fibres increase healthy gut bacteria leading to better digestion and lower inflammation in the body.
- Can Improve Vision: Dried Apricots contain Vitamin A which helps your body maintain the health of it’s cells and tissues, Vitamin A is often referred to as the Vitamin for Good Vision. This dried treat also contains Zeaxanthin which is an essential antioxidant for the light filtering functions of our eyes.
I’m sure now you’re looking to get your hands on these delicious treats, here at Palm Bites we have two different Dried Apricot products. Try our Jumbo Turkish Dried Apricots or our incredible Dried Apricot Stuffed Dates, which combines the Health Benefits of Dates with Apricots as well!